Michigan Cyber Crime Attorneys
Families, Injury Victims & Criminally-Accused Individuals
Cyber Crime Attorneys in Oakland County
Aggressive, Modern Defense from Jaffe Defense Team
Have you been charged with a cybercrime in Macomb or Oakland county and seek legal representation to fight for you? A case alleging crimes that take place via computers and the internet has intricate and technical details compared to other cases.
Cybercrimes are relatively new due to the ever-expanding nature of the internet, computers, and the laws surrounding their use. If you have been charged with a cybercrime, it is critical that you seek defense counsel that is familiar with these allegations and how to parse them both in and outside of the courtroom.
The legal professionals at Jaffe Defense Team rigorously defend our client’s freedom and reputation in the courtroom. Punishments for internet sex crimes include being put on the sex offenders list, years in federal prison, and thousands in fines.
Under the Michigan penal code (750.145c): any person who knowingly possesses, seeks and accesses child sex abuse material can serve up to 4 years in federal prison and be fined $10,000.
Over the last 30 years, Jaffe Defense Team has stayed on the forefront of this practice area and is prepared to provide the allegations against you an uncommon level of scrutiny.
If you have been accused of one of the above offenses, our Oakland County cybercrime attorneys are ready to hear from you. Contact Us at (248) 522-9545 today.
The Law Office of Jack L. Jaffe represents clients charged with cybercrimes such as:
- Computer hacking – gaining unauthorized access to an online account, a computer, or another electronic device.
- Internet fraud – using the internet to falsely represent, steal or manipulate information in a way that produces gain.
- Identity theft – stealing and using another person’s identity for the purpose of gain, usually financially.
- Phishing scams – falsely representing oneself as a trustworthy source for the purpose of stealing usernames, personal information, etc.
- Copyright infringement – the use of copyrighted material without permission to do so.
- Software infringement – using or distributing software illegally.
- Internet crimes against children – sexually manipulating children with the use of the internet.
- E-mail interception – illegally reading private messages sent via e-mail.
- Internet sales fraud – the use of the internet to steal from others.
Internet Sex Crime Lawyer in Southeast Michigan
Have you been wrongfully charged as an online predator? Sex crimes that take place over the internet are very serious issues in the modern world, but that doesn’t mean everyone who is tried with these crimes is guilty of them. With the high frequency of online predators in the news, law enforcement has conducted sting operations to catch these kinds of criminals.
Convictions that come from these methods can infringe on the rights of the individuals involved. We look to see how your data was obtained including if evidence was procured through an illegal search and seizure. In Michigan, you could be facing years in prison, fines, and be put on the sex offender registry.
Call Our Cyber Crime Defense Lawyers in Oakland County
Everyone is innocent until proven guilty, and if you have been charged with a cybercrime, you need to hire lawyers who will relentlessly defend your rights. We work with our clients to produce a rock-solid defense. When dealing with charges like these, it is vital to your freedom to hire experienced legal defense to fight for you and freedom.
The time to start exploring your defense options is now. Contact us today to request a free case evaluation with our knowledgeable team.
Schedule a Case Evaluation
We look forward to hearing more about your criminal, family law or personal injury case.